Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hi, my name is Aliyah. I'm 15 years old, and I live in Little Rock, Arkansas here in the US, Koman ou Ye? N'boute!, I hope! My regret is to hear about everything that is going on! The people in my country are doing the best they can to help out! Here at my school we are doing a big talent show and the money raised will all go to Haiti.
Pa Kounye, but I will still be doing a fundraiser at my church and sending more money to your home. I hope when you receive this you will respond. One more thing, I am in the ninth grade, maybe we are close to the same age. (Much Love!)
Sincerely,
Aliyah

Hello Haiti, my name is Jade, I attend high school, I take Spanish , and I regret you went through the earthquake. When I heard about it I know you were devastated.
Gen Anpil people are donating money and items to help out. We are having a dance competition at our school to raise money for you all. I have been keeping you and Haiti in my prayers.
Honor, Respect!
Sincerely,
Jade

Hi, my name is Jasmine. I am writing this letter to show my sympathy to your country. Muen regret ga about what happened and what you had to go through, and the loved ones you lost. I know this letter is not much, but I want you to know you and your country are in my prayers. Be strong and know that you are not alone, and that we Americans are sorry and we are helping in every way we can. I want you to know you are in our prayers.
Jasmine

Dear Haitian friend,
My name is Darius and so far I have donated 2 dollars to your country. I want to work more. I bet you are a very cool person! My favorite sports are basketball and baseball. I would love to visit Haiti someday!
Darius

Hello, my name is Antyonne and I just want to say how sorry I am about what happened. I live in the USA in Arkansas. My favorite musician is Wyclef Jean and I know he is Haitian, and he sings about going from a hut to a mansion. He proves that no matter where you come from you can achieve anything. I know the earthquake really scared you, but as a 14 year old I am here to say to keep your heads up because God has great plans for you, he will grant Haiti great memories. So to you and your family and friends good luck and you guys are always in my prayers.
Antyonne

Dear Haitian children,
Bonjour Haiti! Koman ou ye? Well I am worried about you because of the earthquake. I was wondering tout barry anfum? How was before the earthquake? Do you have any family in the USA? I saw the damage on TV. Are all your people still alive? I hope you avoided being hurt by the collapsed buildings, and I hope it gets better!!!
Shakira

Hola my name is Raheem and I watched the earthquake results and you have been on my mind ever since. We are raising money for you at my school and hope you get all you need to rebuild your homes and workplaces. This earthquake made people cry here! (This letter has a picture of a tree and sunshine symbolizing hope!)
Raheem (Soccer player)

Bonjou!! Mwen regret about all the things that have happened. Kown ou ye? I hope you and your family are OK? I am very sorry about the earthquake. I have donated money and will continue to help all I can. I hope you and your family and community will get well soon!
Charles

My name is Lauren, and I am a 9th grader in high school, taking Spanish Class. I know it has been hard to accept everything that you are going through, but please know that my family is has donated money and more importantly, prayers for you and you family! I hope this letter encourages you to have faith in God to pull you through this struggle, and I am praying that everything works out for your good!
Lauren

I am a very cool person, I love learning about different cultures and lifestyles. I am writing to say our styles are not so very different, I admire you country very much. I think what happened in your country taught me that we take things for granted until they are gone. You in your responses to the earthquake teach us! My name is Akia. I am in ninth grade. I am praying and hope you can be encouraged and keep the wonderful faith that you have.
Akia

Hello me llamo Tia! Yo soy de Little Rock, Arkansas, USA. Yo tengo 16. I may not know much about Haiti, but I know how it feels when something is taken away from you. Remember this: Faith is not believing for something, but IN someone, and that person is GOD! Always remember that!
Tia

Hello my name is Michael, I hope you and your family are safe, and I hope there is something to be learned from this. I especially hope this never happens again. I just wanted you to know that you will always have someone to talk to.
Your new friend,
Michael

Hey, my name is Tangulia, I am sorry for what happened, I hope you are safe, I cannot do much but you are in my prayers!
Tangulia

Whats up Haiti! I am sorry to hear about the earthquake, I know someone is going to help you guys!
Timothy

Dear Hatian children,
I am so sorry you lost homes and do not have clean water but I pray for you every night!
David (Running Back, American high school football)

So sorry it happened!!! Everybody is thinking of you and raising money for you,
A high school girl (choose to be anonymous)

Dear Guys and Girls,
I feel really sad for you, with all the lives lost and injured people.
I wish you the very best recovery!
Alex Marie

Dear Haitian friend,
I am Benny, I am so sorry you are living though this but I respect you so much, and keep you head up!
Be easy,
Benny

Koman ou ye? Mwen regret sa that you went through the earthquake!! Tout bagay anform with you and your family. My name is Tyler, I am 15 years old, and in Spanish class. I just hope everything gets better, and I hope you and your family recover quickly my friend!
Mwn Regret Sa
We are praying for you!
Tyler

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah,

    I went to the blog and read them all. Such heartfelt letters for high schoolers. Makes me have faith in our future. It seems that even the kids get it. The idea of oneness and their empathy is shining through. If you don't mind I will share this through Wisdom Circle Ministries.

    Peace and Blessings
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know that we're not alone. I love that all of you are raising money and trying to help Haiti.

    ReplyDelete