Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dear Haitian children,
I am a 13-year-old girl living in Idaho, USA. When I heard about the earthquake I was shocked, so shocked I couldn’t react at first. I know it is hard for you and everyone else in Haiti. I am currently babysitting to raise money. Once I have a reasonable amount I will send it to you. My sister also asked for money for Haiti instead of presents for her birthday and it will be sent to you soon. Although money will help you I wanted to send you something else… Hope. I know your country will be fixed up and many people want to help you. My teacher for example is really close to Haiti and is part of an organization called Honor and Respect Foundation. He and another teacher of mine went down to Haiti to teach teachers better strategies at a public school in Port a Prince. All of my classmates want to help out too.
I wanted to tell you that I write poetry. I wanted to write you a poem. Maybe one day you will see it. Maybe one day I will go to Haiti to visit you. Perhaps if I go I could write poetry with you. Many people care about you and want to help. I wish I was there right now to help you, but I am not, so I want you to know that you have my heart and my hope.
Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment